Your engagement session should reflect your personalities and lifestyle, because it will be more casual than your wedding photos. Picking a great spot that means something to the two of you will make your pictures timeless and memorable. Couples in Buffalo have dozens of beautiful options throughout Western New York.
Some of our favorites include historic buildings, green spaces and waterfront views.
- Becker Farms: A 45-minute drive northeast means apple orchards, vineyards and lots of pumpkins.
- Buffalo Botanical Gardens: Wander through rows of greenery and, if weather allows, the gardens outside as well.
- Buffalo Harbor State Park: For lake-lovers, this waterfront park offers a few different backdrops, including open water, docked boats and pretty paths.
- Canalside: The boardwalk, Naval Park and ice rink are all perfect for your photoshoot.
- Chestnut Ridge Park: Hike to the Eternal Flame or head up the hill so the Buffalo skyline can make a guest appearance in your photos.
- City Hall of Buffalo: This building is beautiful inside and out. There are so many ways to incorporate City Hall and Niagara Square into an engagement shoot.
- Darwin Martin House: Frank Lloyd Wright’s angular architecture makes for a cool spot to commemorate your engagement.
- Delaware Park: There are lots of backdrops to choose from within the park, including the Albright Knox, Buffalo History Museum, Japanese Garden, Hoyt Lake and The Terrace.
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum: Is there anything more whimsical and romantic than hopping on the carrousel for a few photos?
- Hotel Henry: There’s nothing else quite like this giant complex in Buffalo. Luxe chairs, craft cocktails and natural light are all waiting for you.
- Knox Farms State Park: Rustic fence lines, acres of trees and a classic red barn make the perfect backdrop for your save the date.
- Larkin Square: The pavilion makes for a cool backdrop, as do the pickleball courts, gardens and food trucks. The neighborhood also boasts other cool locations like 500 Seneca, Flying Bison, Hydraulic Hearth and Buffalo Brewing Company.
- Old Fort Niagara: The fort overlooking the Niagara River, Lake Ontario and Niagara-on-the-Lake is a grand, historic engagement session venue.
- Parkways: The parkway system designed by Olmstead to connect Buffalo’s parks is just as beautiful as the parks themselves. Consider Soldier’s Circle and the adjacent Lincoln, Bidwell and Chapin Parkways.
- Public Art: There’s a cool mural or sculpture just a few blocks away from almost all of these engagement session locations in Buffalo.
- Silo City: For an industrial vibe, head to the grain elevators along the Buffalo River.
- Theater District: Strolling down Main Street with Shea’s marquee in the background is iconic Buffalo.
- Tifft Nature Preserve: Meandering trails, rustic boardwalks and plenty of nature make this a pretty spot for your engagement photos, without driving too far.
- Wild Blossom Hollow Flower Farm: It’s a bit of a drive to Wild Blossom Hollow, but this dreamy venue is so worth it.
- Woodlawn Beach State Park: Make your photos look like you’re somewhere on a beach far, far away from Buffalo.
- Your Favorite Place: Head to a bar, coffee shop, winery, date night spot or ice cream shop you and your fiancé love for truly special photos.
All of these locations love hosting happy couples. Make sure you or your photographer let the venue know when you’re planning to take photos, so you won’t surprise them or be competing with other photographers or events!