Your wedding’s late-night menu isn’t complete without a few pizzas. Upgrade your traditional cheese and pepperoni slices and opt for fall flavors instead. Seasonal vegetables, creamy cheeses and rich proteins add warmth to chilly autumn evenings and keep people moving on the dance floor.
Try one of these combinations for a pizza that tastes like fall:
- Portobello and Red Pepper: Swap red sauce for pesto and top with portobello mushrooms, roasted red peppers and a traditional blend of cheeses.
- Butternut Squash and Kale: Start with butternut squash and kale over olive oil and mozzarella. From there, add any combination of caramelized onions, bacon, honey and sage.
- Short Rib and Onion: Tender short ribs make any meal better. Pair them with caramelized onions and Brussels sprouts for an incredible pizza combination. Accent with gouda, brie, ricotta or cheddar cheese.
- Prosciutto and Pear: Sweet pear slices are delicious with salty prosciutto. Add arugula and balsamic glaze for even more fall flavor.
- Pancetta and Brussels Sprouts: Pancetta and Brussels sprouts are delicious with an olive oil, pesto or marinara base. There are lots of cheese options too, including creamy mozzarella and nutty parmesan.
- Apple, Bacon and Blue Cheese: Buffalonians love blue cheese, and they’ll love this pizza too. The tang of the cheese complements sweet apple slices and thick-cut bacon.
- Broccoli and Red Onion: The broccoli and red onion get slightly charred as the pizza cooks, adding a slightly smoky flavor to this pizza. Try it with mozzarella, goat cheese or feta.