You know exactly which girls you want by your side as you say “I do.” Asking them to be your bridesmaids is an Instagram-worthy moment that should be both cute and thoughtful. Everything from handwritten notes to weekend getaways is a possibility! Use these ideas and make them your own, for a proposal that’s just as unique as your friends are.
Sweet and Simple
Asking your girls to be your bridesmaids doesn’t need to be the event of the year. After all, you’ll need their help planning the actual event of the year: your wedding!
- A handwritten note. A heartfelt letter on personalized stationery is a low-stress yet thoughtful way to pop the question to your bridesmaids.
- Customized sweets. Stamped macarons, frosted cookies and personalized M&Ms are all sweet ways to ask your bridesmaids to join you at the alter.
- A well-stocked cosmetic case. A cute pouch filled with all the essentials to help your bridesmaids relax during your wedding planning will be welcomed with open arms.
Prepare Them for the Wedding
Give your friends a little taste of what they can expect at the wedding with gifts that will come in handy on the big day.
- Gorgeous jewelry. A pretty necklace or bracelet your friends can wear on your wedding day is a wonderful way to ask them to be your bridesmaids.
- Travel accessories. For a destination wedding bride tribe, travel-related gifts are perfect. Think luggage tags and passport covers you can slip a note in.
- A cute pajama set. The morning of your wedding will be a hectic one! Take one thing off your bridesmaids’ day of to-do list with an adorable pajama set topped with a cute note.
Make a Day of It
Treat your girls to a day out when you ask them to be your bridesmaids. A small event is especially nice for bridesmaids who don’t already know each other well.
- Sunday brunch. A morning filled with mimosas and eggs Benedict is a wonderful way to ask your bridesmaids the big question.
- A picnic in the park. Pack up homemade favorites or pick something up from a local restaurant before heading to the park. This is a fun yet simple way to spend the day with your favorite friends.
- A spa day. Prepare your girls for the hard work of wedding planning ahead with a relaxing day of facials, massages, manis and pedis.