Leave Your Locks to a Pro
The stress of a wedding day can get to anyone. If your hair isn’t cooperating or your hands are shaking with nerves, it might be trickier than usual to achieve the style you’ve been dreaming about. Here are our top three reasons for investing in a professional hairstylist for your wedding day:
- Professionals have the experience and products to design and deliver a hairstyle that will stand up to the demands of a wedding. The weather, the long day and hours on the dance floor are all enemies of your wedding hairstyle.
- This will be one of the most highly-photographed days of your life and you want to look good from all angles and for all hours of the day.
- A professional hairstylist will take considerably less time to create your custom hairstyle than you or your bridesmaids. Time is precious on this special day, so steal a few extra moments for more important things, like rehearsing your vows!
Photo Ready Makeup Done Right
This is not the day to test your hand at eyeliner for the first time. Nor is it the time to test drive the smokey eye tutorial you watched online. Wedding day makeup is not like date night makeup. It needs to stand up to time and tears, and it needs to be camera ready in order to yield photos you’ll cherish for years to come. Here are our top three reasons for hiring a makeup artist for your wedding day:
- Photo ready makeup is very different than everyday makeup. There are tools and products that enable a professional to give you the perfect makeup for photos that won’t make you look like you’re wearing a mask.
- You only get one shot at your wedding day photos. There are no “photo retake” days to save you from dark circles under your eyes and blemishes. A makeup artist will emphasize your natural beauty and reveal the blushing bride in you to be captured on camera.
- The proof is in the picture and a makeup artists’ best advertising comes from images of their work. Therefore, he/she wants your makeup to look as good as you do.
Dos and Don’ts for Wedding Day Hair and Makeup
- Do have a hair and makeup trial prior to your wedding day.
- Don’t ask your friends to tackle these important tasks for you, no matter how much they insist!
- Do bring pictures of your favorite looks to your trial appointment for inspiration.
- Don’t wait too long to book these pros; the good stylists book fast.
- Do read reviews and ask to view a portfolio of the stylists’ work.
- Don’t underestimate how much time you need to allot to these important elements in your wedding day timeline.