Choosing your wedding venue is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a couple. The venue is the stage on which your wedding takes place. The location should match your personality and style, and reflect the look and feel you want your wedding to have.
When touring potential venues, ask yourself a few questions along the way:
- Does the facility have the look you’re going for?
- Is the exterior of the location as appealing as the interior?
Once inside, here are some important questions to ask the facility manager:
- What is included in the facility rental fee? Be sure to ask about rentals such as tables, chairs, linens, dishware, flatware and glasses to start.
- Does the facility have exclusive or preferred vendors? If the answer is yes, that’s a good thing! This means that the venue has good working relationships with these vendors and they can be trusted.
- Is there parking available? And more importantly, is there enough parking for your expected number of guests? Is the parking area well lit, safe and secure? You want your guests to feel safe and comfortable every step of the way. Also think about how far guests will travel from their car to the door – is it a long run in the rain?
- What restrictions does the facility have? Knowing the restrictions in advance will prevent you from buying or booking things that are not allowed.
- What is the maximum capacity of the facility? Simple math will tell you if your guest list fits within the space comfortably. Is there room for you to have your ceremony on-site if that’s a consideration for you?
- Is the space temperature controlled? A hot or cold room can leave an indelible memory for all the wrong reasons.
- Does the facility provide security? Making sure the parking area and entrances are secure will give you peace of mind.
Whether you’re booking your wedding at one of Rich’s four exclusive locations or elsewhere in WNY, we want your wedding to be a day you’ll remember forever (for all the right reasons!). We’re confident that these few questions can help you walk happily down the aisle, without unnecessary worry or stress.