A wedding requires a small army of vendors, from a caterer to an officiant. Weddings reflect the couple getting married, so each and every wedding is unique. Many weddings won’t require every vendor on this list, but there are vendors that almost every bride and groom will need to hire.
After booking a vendor, note the company’s name and the name of the person you booked through, a phone number (or two), an email address and their website to your list of vendors. Keeping this information all in one place and sharing copies with your wedding party and venue can keep your wedding day running smoothly.
All the Vendors You (May) Need for Your Wedding
- Venue: If your ceremony and reception will be at separate venues, you’ll need to book both.
- Wedding planner: Opting for a wedding planner can make finding every other vendor on this list easier.
- Bar service: Many caterers or venues will include your bar service.
- Bakery: Whether you’re choosing cake or something else, you’ll need someone to make your dessert.
- Premarital counselor
- Travel agent: This is essential for a destination wedding. It’s also nice for busy couples who don’t want to plan every detail of their honeymoon.
- Stationer: Your save the dates, invitations, programs, thank you cards and even signage can be completed by one vendor in most cases.
- Hotel(s): Reserve blocks of rooms for your out-of-town guests with a few hotels near your reception venue.
- Music: A band or DJ for both the ceremony and reception needs to be booked.
- Other entertainment
- Dress shop: Both the bride and bridesmaids need dresses.
- Tailor: Your dress shop will likely have a seamstress in house or recommend someone nearby.
- Rehearsal dinner location: If your rehearsal dinner isn’t at a restaurant, plan for a caterer as well.
- Favors: Many couples DIY this item, but you don’t have to.
- Rentals: You may need more than one company depending on what you need to rent.
- Transportation: A car service can make wedding day logistics easier.
- Makeup artist
- Hair stylist
- Day of coordinator: Many venues provide this service when you book with them.